Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Selling Pyrex on eBay

I have a question. This is my first time selling anything on ebay! I have a couple of pieces of Pyrex I would like to start selling, and I know how to setup everything to sell an item, my question is I need to get a scale to weigh the box with the item in it so I can put the weight on ebay for the shipping. I have been looking around for scales and I am not sure which one I need....there is a 5lb scale that weighs anything up to 5lbs or an 7 lb scale etc etc...which do you recommended  Because I will be getting one this weekend after thrifting and I have no clue what type of scale I need to sell pyrex.....any suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. Ive shipped items across the US for personal reasons and it can get quite pricey. Oddly, from NY to Afganistan was $20, but NY to Washington State was $21... Then shipping to Texas was $16. So, standard shipping varies due to weight, but even just one piece could cost the same as a whole set because of the size of the box...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably get a scale that can do a larger weight because you are going to have to include a lot of packing materials (newspaper, shredded paper, bubble wrap) to keep your goodies safe. But if you want to skip that part because scales are wicked expensive, you might want to look into flat rate shipping with the Post Office. It is a really good deal if your item can fit in their boxes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you check with your local post office? Mine has one for sale, and I think it goes higher than just 7 pounds. They charge $25.00 for it.
    Because I've never sold any of my Pyrex, but I do sell a lot of other small things, I use a small scale from Walmart and it works great!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping boxes are what I use. If it fits, it ships and for a reasonable price. https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look on Amazon - they have some great AND cheap postal scales. That's where I got mine from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks amazon has awesome prices for scales that are way over 7 lbs!!!

      Delete
  6. I bought a postal scale on amazon that weighs up to 75lbs! For only $21. Thanks everyone for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great question and great tips from seasoned shippers. Thanks from me, too!

    ReplyDelete