Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rummage Sale Pyrex!

For me, Christmas comes twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall, our local church has a huge rummage sale. I always find tons of goodies there, and the prices are great. Today was no exception!

I found so much stuff, I'm blogging about it here (the Pyrex of course) and my home blog, Practice in Time- check that out for the rest of the haul!

I was one of the first people there- actually had to wait in line behind about 15 others until they opened the door. I headed right for the linens and housewares, and spotted some Pyrex right off the bat:


A pink gooseberry 472 casserole- $2. It didn't have a lid, but that's no big deal; I can use the one from my 473. It was really dirty and grimy, but is happily soaking in the sink right now, and should come clean with some BKF.


Holiday Corningware/Pyrex mugs. I had no idea these existed until somebody here posted about them the other day. And then I found these today- $3 for 4. 

I don't know if I really need to keep them- too much holiday stuff already- anyone interested in a trade for Butterprint or primary fridgies?

I also passed up a whole set of brown floral restaurant dishes. At $15, the price wasn't bad, but that is just too much of a good thing, and a pattern I don't collect. I'm hoping my Pyrexia doesn't overcome me and I have to go back for them tomorrow on half-price day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink gooseberry! It is so cute! Can't wait to find it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Christmas glasses are really neat! Usually the church rummage sales are a great place to find stuff:)

    ReplyDelete