Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Possibly Glasbake item?

Hello all, this is my first post on here!
I have been thrift shopping for the past 2 weeks and last week came across this item below.




I bought it for $3.95 (no lid) and I really liked the pattern of the yellow flowers.
I checked the bottom and saw no markings of a company on it!! I was a little taken back, but saw this bubble pattern on the bottom of it, which the company Glasbake has on their items. I purchased it anyway, I came home and researched and did see this pattern on Glasbake items but it has Glasbake name on the back, so could this possibly be a misprint or just a replica of the Glasbake pattern?? Any suggestions?

To take a look at my Pyrex finds at thrift shops come see my blog at Pyrexjunkie.blogspot.com
and check out my other blog Unique2antique.blogspot.com!



9 comments:

  1. I come across unmarked Glasbake fairly often. I don't know why it's so common for them to be unmarked but, yes, it is Glasbake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! I knew from the pattern on the bottom it must of been Glasbake, I am curious as to why they are unmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see unmarked Glassbake all the time. I don't understand why they didn't mark them. Love that vibrant yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect vintage Fiesta ware and one in four pieces is completely unmarked. You have to know your colors and amount of rings to count, to make sure it is really Fiesta (and that it is vintage). My guess is companies just didn't think it was all that important to mark everything back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melissa, thanks I love it too. I have never seen this pattern before for Glasbake, I do have the green flowered pattern.
    @Holiday Girl, Yeah I guess they did not mark everything. Can't wait to find more in this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute! I didn't know that Glassbake pieces had the bubble pattern on the bottom. I picked up a couple of white bowls with handles on them (I don't know what they are called) with that same rough pattern on the bottom with no Brand marking. I knew it wasn't pyrex but they matched so well with my opal pieces I couldn't resist.Now I know. Thanks for sharing your info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Shannon, Yes seems like Glasbake has that bubble pattern on the bottom. Oh the white bowls with handles on them? They are called in the Pyrex world Cinderellla mixing or nesting bowls. So I am assuming it is the same thing for glasbake but with a different name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this particular Glasbake pattern before.

    I absolutely can't stand those white ones with the green pattern. I see sometimes 10+ a week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I don't mind them. I have a few pieces of that pattern but it is very common which annoys me. This pattern I like, it is fun and I have never seen it before myself.

    ReplyDelete