Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mixing bowls, Cinderellas, Acorn divided, Forest Fancy Round Casserole set & Halloween Limited Edition

Over the last few weekends I was able to hit up a few estate sales and some Goodwills.  I also traveled to the "big city" and made it to Target to get one of the Pyrex "limited edition" Halloween pieces.  I live in a VERY small town and need to travel over 20 miles one way to get to a Goodwill and over 50 miles one way to get to something like a Target.  Traveling that far is just part of rural life if you ever want to get anything past the local Walley World (Walmart).  It really does surprise me every time I go to a local garage sale or estate sale, that I will be lucky enough to find some Pyrex!
 
This gal was having a local estate sale and by the time I got there, there wasn't much left but I did find a yellow 401 baby mixing bowl.  Although my camera flash washed out the yellow!  Also a burnt redish 401 baby mixing bowl.  Not sure what set it goes to but I think it might go with the Autumn Harvest bowl set?  The best piece was the 444 large green verde Cinderella mixing bowl.  I think it belongs to the verde set?  Again, not sure.  All of these bowls plus one other non-Pyrex bowl was $5 for all of them.

 
Next finds were from a few different Goodwills I was able to visit.  I found another Goodwill in the "big city" that I was not aware of before which was fun.  I found this mint condition Golden Acorn Cinderella divided casserole for about $2.  My camera flash washed it out too but it really is pretty!  I really like the gold metallic leaves and acorns on it!
 
 
I also found one red primary color mixing bowl for $1.99, I think it is a 402 but the Pyrex stamp does not state the size on the bottom.  Does anyone know if the original, 1940's older Pyrex bowls, if they were numbered or not?  Mine just says something about a patent and of course, the word "Pyrex".  I also found a yellow Cinderella 443 mixing bowl for $1.99 but again my camera flash washed it out.
 
 
 
I saved the best for last from my Goodwill finds!  A whole set of mint condition Forest Fancy round casseroles set.  All came with lids.  I paid about $12 for the whole set, which seems a bit pricey to me for a thrift store find but since they all had lids and were mint condition, I figured it was a good buy.  This is my first Forest Fancy find.  I actually love these sizes of casseroles.  My husband and I use them to store left overs in the fridge and to make dips in them and store in the fridge:)
 
 
Lastly, I saw some other Pyrex lovers post about the new limited edition Halloween pieces.  I was in Target when I remembered to look through the Halloween section and low and behold, there was only one left (with the bat pattern) so I grabbed it.  It was even on sale for $3.50!  We are having a Halloween party this weekend, so I think I will make the dip in this bowl:)
 
 
 
Happy Halloween Pyrexing to you all!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The original set of the Pyrex primary bowls were not numbered. The just had the Pyrex mark and said TM REG above it and U.S. PAT OFF under it. Like this bowl:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/swisschica/4319586183/

    I have an entire set. Hopefully, you will find the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! You rock! That is exactly what mine says on the bottom. I have a green primary bowl that says the same thing too, so I will be looking forward to completing the set:)

      Delete
  2. I have the new pyrex halloween limited edition. I bought 4, 2 pumpkin and 2 bats. I use 2 and kept the other two back in my cupboard with the labels still on...someday they will be collectible too so I thought ahead =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would have LOVED to get a pumpkin one but was happy to remember to look, and find the last one in the store! I too would have purchased more, just like you did as I think it is a great idea:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! Well it is good that you at least got one! I think they are so cute...this is the cutest they have made in awhile.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you really scored! Definitely worth the long drive, I would say:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete