Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saturdays Pyrex Finds

Yesterday I went to my usual thrift shops..but usually I do this routine on Friday's (which is better in my book). Friday was raining here in NY and where I usually go in CT gets flooded badly and with a Honda Civic I do not feel like getting stuck! Not even for some Pyrex.
I did not get a lot of Pyrex as I usually do, very disappointing..probably was all taken on Friday.
What I did get though was very good...







I found these Pyrex "Party Mugs" in Savers. They were 0.99 cents each, they had 4 but the fourth one the glass was cracked so sadly I had to put it back on the shelf! Does anyone know anything about these..when they were made etc?





I found these three at GW, they are by Pyrex Spring Blossom pattern. They were only 1.00 each and I thought I could have found 1 more but none in sight!




I bought this "Early American" casserole dish without a lid.
I bought this for $2.95



This came in the same bundle. The Sq. Flowers Verde casserole dish (left) 2.5 Qt.
And inside of it I saw this little Spring Blossom casserole dish 1 Qt
Two of these were $5.95




This is my 1st Butterfly Gold 2 pattern, I only have the first Butterfly Gold.
Without lid, it was $4.95



and I found this as a set together sitting on the shelf, I have not seen this before in person and it is in EXCELLENT condition. 
It is glossy and seems like it has never been used.
It is the "Early American" pattern mixing bowls.
It was priced for $9.95 for the 3 bowls and was 50% off and for the set it came to $4.95!!! What a steal!





15 comments:

  1. I use those mugs for coffee some mornings. Even though they're so small I have to fill them like 3 times, they always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them..I might be bidding for some on ebay so I can get more!

      Delete
  2. wow great finds!! I went hunting today and one place had some very used pyrex for $10. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh wow.... that's crazy! When I was shopping that day in RWB, I saw the Primary color mixing bowls one set of 3 and the other a complete set of 4, but they were so worn from being washed in the dishwasher!!! (So unhappy about that) that they were asking $19.95 for it all....If the set was in excellent condition I would have spent 20 bucks on it because they go for much more than that..I hate when people use Pyrex in the dishwasher!

      Delete
  3. You did not get a lot of Pyrex?! I beg to differ lil' missy! You got quite a haul in my opinion! And an awesome haul at that!
    I have been spying the same Flowers Verde casserole dish at my local antique mall. I'm just waiting to pounce on it when the dealer puts her holiday sticker sell up! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I usually come home with 10 bags full, every time..so that's why I said I did not come home with a whole lot..I guess I am spoiled! =)
      How much are they selling the Flowers Verde Casserole for?? They shouldn't be selling it for a lot!!

      Delete
    2. Dude, my best Pyrex load to date was 6 pieces at once. I was super stoked I got that much! I can only imagine coming home with 10 bag fulls at once. I may have a heart attack!!
      The Flowers Verde at my local antique mall is 15.99...ick! The lady who runs that booth usually has a holiday sale after Thanksgiving where she'll mark majority of her stock down 50%!! I'm crossing my fingers it's still there by then because I refuse to pay that much.
      She's out of her stinkin' mind charging that much!
      I am so happy for your Pyrex haul. And I very much enjoy reading your blog!
      Happy Pyrex Searching! :)
      -Denise

      Delete
    3. Denise, I see why you say I got a lot this time!
      I would be so annoyed if I came home with 6 pieces at once, I usually come home with 20 pieces and some odds and ends stuff too.
      WOW, that price is crazy. That lady is nuts, but that's the prices they get at antique malls.
      After I was done shopping at the thrift stores Saturday I always stop in my favorite antique center on my way home...I went in took a quick walk around and got NOTHING! They had tons and tons of Pyrex but it was so overpriced. I rather wait it out and find them in the thrift shops!

      I hope you get it 50% off.
      And I am glad you enjoy reading my blog! Please feel free to join my blog...I might have to make it a team blog sometime in the near future

      Delete
  4. We had those plastic and glass party mugs when I was growing up...I remember my parents drinking Sanka coffee out of them and watching the news every evening after dinner. This would have been in the early 70's, as my parents were divorced by 1976. Seeing them again brings back cozy childhood memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear! I am glad it brought back fond memories for you!

      Delete
  5. I am certain you get the best deals and the largest amount of Pyrex haul every time you post! I bet it would be fun to go on a shopping trip with you! Neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!! Yes I always come home with a ton of stuff, this time not so much (for me anyways). I go to about 6 thrift stores every friday! I start out my day really early at 7am and do not finish sometimes until 2pm! I go non-stop all day, and by the time I get home I am so exhausted! It is so worth it though =)

    I wish I would have a partner to go with!! My close friend can not go on fridays with me because she works all day in NYC. So it is me and my honda civic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! That wasn't a good haul for you?! It looks pretty awesome to me! I love the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's being saying that to me =). I am so used to having 10 bags of Pyrex with me, this time I came home with about 3...I usually get the motherload all the time with Pyrex but this time it wasn't that great..But I still love the items I got! Yes, I love the mugs also, I am going to get some on ebay.

      Delete