Monday, October 22, 2012

Hello!

Hello Fellow Pyrex Collectors!

This is my first post! I have been following the Pyrex Collective blogs for over a year now and finally decided to become a contributor. I have collected Pyrex for a few years now and have built up quite a collection. I am trying to photograph all my pieces and hope to post them here eventually (I am a perfectionist, so I am trying to find the perfect setting, background, etc to accentuate my pieces). For now, I will post my most recent find. 

This weekend I went to an estate sale that had some Pyrex in the pictures posted online by the company organizing the sale. But when I got there all the bowls were very badly damaged from too many times in the dishwasher. I was disappointed, but determined to find some Pyrex. I went to a few thrift stores and only found one piece. A Town and Country 043 for $13. At a thrift store. With no lid. I don't understand the pricing at these places! After no luck at several stores I decided to stop by my favorite antique store on my way home. It is a huge warehouse with lots of different booths. I always find Pyrex, but it is usually too much. But I like to go and look, nonetheless. Well, I guess it was my lucky day, because after finding several pieces that were either too expensive, too damaged, or a piece I already had, I stumbled upon this beauty!




And at $7 I grabbed her right up! I consider this weekend a success now!

12 comments:

  1. I love that design- I hope I find one someday! Thanks for showing it off- don't be shy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog and that piece is really fun! Great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never seen that! Whats it called? Cant wait to see pics of your whole collection :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've never seen that one! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called Midnight Bloom. In person it's a lot more purple. I think is the closest to purple they ever came!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Jessica! Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being persistent and patient really paid off! Welcome to the Collective!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice find! I've never seen one - congrats on your first post, enjoyed the read!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE purple. Great find and can't wait to see what else you've found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome!! I have NEVER seen this before! Very cool, cant wait to see your future finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the feedback! I'll have to get busy photoing the rest of my collection!

    ReplyDelete