Sunday, March 17, 2013

Keen for the Green

The last post got me thinking about what green Pyrex I own... I didn't think I had anything except the green fridge dish, but then I remembered I got these little gems a few months back. 

In case you've never seen an 080 in person... they are tiny, yet absolutely perfect for holding spools of thread and for baking individual 8 oz berry crumble. The fact that they come in super fun colors like lime green and flamingo pink makes them even more delightful.



I found them at the same antique store in Virginia where I scored the cereal bowls on sale. I had already buzzed through the store once, and I decided to make another pass going in the opposite direction. Lo and behold, little pinkie and the lovely lime green casseroles were staring at me. I searched all over the booth, but only found one lid to match them. 


More often than not, I discover all kinds of goodies on that second round through a store. (I'm also convinced that some sellers purposely 'hide' their Pyrex because they don't actually want to part with it...!) Regardless, I'm glad I had time to walk through the store again -- otherwise someone else may have nabbed these little cuties.

How often have you found hidden Pyrex lurking in a corner? And more importantly, isn't it more thrilling when the very thing you're looking for is waiting for you to take it home to add to your collection?

May your Saint Patrick's Day bring you lots of luck searching for Pyrex!

Brenda
 

6 comments:

  1. It always amazes me what I find when I take a second or even third look, no matter how much attention I was paying on my first go-around. I have yet to find any of these tiny beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Sometimes the shelvers in thrift stores are quite stealthy with restocking the wares! And as for antique stores... sometimes it's just a blur the first go-around ;)

      Delete
  2. So cute :) love the little ones (even though I use the large 4 qts more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... I have yet to find a 4 qt! I know a BG one is out there somewhere for me...

      Delete