Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Great Day for Pyrex!

Hi PC3, SusieQT here from Practice in Time!

I had a pretty hectic past week, and needed a little thrifting therapy. And boy, was I lucky today!

I hit my usual two thrifts and the Pyrex was there in abundance, for a change. I was just in the right place at the right time, because some of it had just been put out.


The Spring Blossom casserole is huge! It's a 2.5 qt and in mint condition. The Butterfly Gold is also mint. These were probably donated by the same person- the lady at the checkout said they had just been donated yesterday and she had put them on the shelf right before I came in. I paid $8 for the SB and $6 for the BG. They're not really patterns I collect, but they were so awesome I was not going to leave them behind!



I went to another store and found these divided dishes, both were $4. It's funny how someone else just found the same two dishes in a previous post! The Golden Acorn is going to my booth, but the Compass has found its forever home with me.

I think I might try to collect all the patterns in existence in 1959, since I've got this Compass. I already have the Black Rooster space saver, a bunch of Butterprint and some of the pinks/turquoise/utility/primary sets. I'll have to do a little more research and see what else is out there. Anyone know of anything else?


This Butterprint 444 was $5. It was pretty dirty, but cleaned up well. I have one of these already, so will not be keeping this one. I have resolved to start selling more of my collection- I'm running out of room. And with Pyrex being so hot right now, at least I can make a few bucks to buy more! 

Now, this is not Pyrex, but collateral damage from the dishware aisle (whoops- how did that get in my basket? ;)


This is one of the few pieces of GlasBake that I like. I have seen these little handled soup crocks before, but never with the lid. Isn't it cute?

I picked up a few other things as well- come on over to my blog and check them out!

7 comments:

  1. Hehe that was me who found a golden acorn!

    Love the little Glasbake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds - I have that Golden Acorn, but would love to find a Compass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! No reason to leave patterns you don't collect behind especially if you can sell them and make money to buy the patterns you love!

    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am kind of loving that Glasbake dish. Shhhhhh, don't want to upset my precious Pyrex.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I'm also loving that Glasbake dish. I'm really trying to resist 'loving' much else besides the Pyrex though. No space...

      Delete
  4. EW. Kill me now. That Glasbake dish in nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one on the compass! I've tried to keep my eye out for that one - haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete