Friday, December 20, 2013

Recent Thrift finds

Hello Friends, Merry Christmas! SusieQT here from Practice in Time!

I have a few thrift finds to show you. I haven't been able to blog much lately due to camera problems, but I'm still here and still shopping, so let's catch up a bit!



I didn't think I would like Woodland, but it has grown on me. Just the mixing bowls, though. I can still pass on the casseroles and such! These were really reasonable ($8 for the three) so I picked them up. I am trying to find some solid blue Horizon bowls to mix it with- I think a blue and brown set would really look sharp. The one on the right is an Americana fall colors 403, which I definitely love. Gonna have to find the rest of this set!

And speaking of fall colors, I found almost all of the Autumn Harvest Cinderella set the week before Thanksgiving!  In a thrift store- I mean, who donates these things the week before turkey day? Everything but the rust colored 442, and they were in great condition for $12.99. I am almost done with my AH- just need this 442 and the 402 from the mixing bowl set. I also treated myself to an early Christmas present and bought a fridgie set on Etsy for a super price.


I also found 3/4 of the primary fridge set with old-style lids for $10! I happened to have an extra yellow 503 laying around, so that completed my second set of these. But I don't have the space to keep both, so these went to my booth. I usually sell only individual pieces there, so this will be my first time trying to sell a completed set. Wonder if it will sell quickly or take awhile?


I got really lucky right after Thanksgiving- I was in a little tiny town that had a ton of junk shops and found my first ever 933 lasagna pan! It was only $6, but I am not a fan of Butterfly Gold, so I ended up trading this one. I also found a red 404 for $8 which I am keeping- and don't have a photo, but you all know what they look like. I was stoked to find one because I have been *thisclose* to buying one online for a while now.


Well, that about sums up a month of thrifting! :)
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah or Kwanzaa!

5 comments:

  1. I'm also curious to know if completed sets will set better. I'm opening a booth next year and have been trying to decide whether to price things individually or, when I have a set, the whole enchilada at one price.

    I have the Fall Americana 404. I can;t decide whether or not to keep it. Maybe it will grow on me.

    Love the lasagna pan! I know you traded it but still, I have never seen one, so I would have been thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lasagna pans are the best! I found mine in the Friendship pattern at the flea market for $3 a couple of years ago. They are pretty hard to find, aren't they?

    Happy Holidays, Suzie!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sets sell really well in my booth! I have put 3 primary fridge sets in there in the last 2 months and sold them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - $6 for a lasagna pan! I've only ever seen one in an antique store and it was outrageous. Keeping my eyes peeled from now on! And excellent job on the Thanksgiving week Autumn Harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great finds for you--love it!!!

    ReplyDelete