Monday, July 30, 2012

SCORE!!

I was mad. Last time I went to my GW that usually has a piece or two of Pyrex I found the motherload...A whole entire dinner set of what Pyrexlove calls "Bluegrass" mixed with some fern pattern as well. They had been wrapped together in groups of 4 saucers, 4 plates, 4 salad plates....and so on. The price on the sticker said "7.99/set"

I picked up all the pieces and triumphantly pushed my rattling cart to the counter. The lady proceeded to ring up each taped "set" at $7.99. I was like, "Uh uh, no way, this says for the set. " The manager came over, she looks at the bottom and sees that they were pyrex, and proceeds to tell me. "Oh, they're marked this way because they are Pyrex." So if you were wondering if they were catching on to all our pyrex hysteria  love of pyrex. They are.
I left them. Went back a week later and found them there still...and the price had been raised to $12.99/set...each "set."

Still haven't been back there, and it's been almost two months.

I did, however, check my craigslist just the other day for Pyrex. Nothing really exciting ever pops up when I enter that search, but this time was different. "Pyrex Refrigerator Dishes..."

I contacted the lady advertising and shortly after, she and I set up our rendezvous location. I met her this morning and I really think I scored. Not only were her pieces in beautiful condition, she was downsizing and was SO happy her pieces were going to a good home.

Wanna see what I got today???



Seven dishes, all with lids and beautiful beautiful beautiful!! These babies set me back $35/for the lot, which is a splurge for me to spend it all at one time, but I am so excited about them and how cute they will look in my fridge very soon!!


8 comments:

  1. Shame on that GW! They're really starting to tick me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really make my blood boil...but i'm sure i'll get over it and head to GW sooner than later!

      Delete
  2. The GW's are really getting annoying! Yes, you really did score with those fridgies at only $5 each! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i really love them! already have a few stacked in my fridge now!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks Steph. i usually only see "pyrex pipes" when i type in pyrex in the craigslist search so i was really happy about this.

      Delete
  4. Ugh. I can't believe they raised the prices like that. It is for charity--they should have just taken te $7.99! Oh well. I have seen that happen at my local store too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what i was thinking too...they got them all for free anyway, even if they would have said, "okay, we'll sell the whole set for $15" or something, yes, but when the total was nearing $40, i was like, no thank you..

      Delete