Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Heinz 57...I mean 507


I found this interesting utility dish last week on Thursday at my more pricey GW. It was $3.99. I wasn't sure if it was a tiny cake pan, a refrigerator dish, or what?! But it had a minor little paint scratch and otherwise super shiny and interesting green appearance...so of course I grabbed it.

Had the numbers 507-B on the back. Checked it out over at Pyrexlove and came to find out that I had picked up a Heinz promotional piece. It almost matches my salad bowl I posted about last month in color EXACTLY.

What a fun find! Especially when I didn't realize what I had was kind of different. Any interesting finds lately?

Jenny from thetoddlerwhisperer 

5 comments:

  1. That's cool. It's fun to find out what it's from...the history makes it more interesting! Was the salad bowl that matches in the same promotion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find! I like those owls too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, they were my mom's. she received them as a wedding gift!

      Delete
  3. It's a dish that takes you by surprise, I was shocked to find one too!! It's a cute one, the owls are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete