Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where's the Pyrex?

I'm not sure about you guys, but it seems that I've hit a little bump in the Pyrex finding road here. I use to be able to leave for the day and come back with at least 5 pieces, now I go out during the WEEK and only find 5, if that. This week was a little bit better than last, so I wanted to share with you some of my finds. The last photo are bowls that I did NOT buy, they are a solid baby blue, and I haven't ever seen anything like them before. I was wondering if anyone could give me some kind of information about them or if any of you have seen them before. The guy wanted $25 for the bowls and I already had the yellow, so I tried to bring him down and he would only go to 18.. No thanks! But the pieces that I did pick up throughout the week are pretty great and I am glad to have found them! Have you been hitting dry spells in your area? Perhaps it's time I start venturing farther? This Tuesday I'll be going into Gettysburg and surrounding areas, so hopefully I'll find some good stuff. Have a good weekend everyone!!






3 comments:

  1. You're so lucky! I'm lucky if I find 5 pieces in a week. You found some good stuff!
    Those solid blue bowls are called delphite and are hard to find.
    Here's some more information about them.
    www.pyrexlove.com/delphite-bluebelle-mixing-bowls-400-series/glassware/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I guess I should go back and see if I can get him to go a bit cheaper for the bowls! I thought that's what they were, but again I wasn't sure. Gosh darn me! Thanks for the info!

      Delete