Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chump Change

Good last few days thrifting for me. I asked the hubby if we could stop at a GW on the way home from a Fro-Yo outing and he dropped me off at the door so I didn't have to race to the housewares section dragging my 4 & 5 yr olds with me. :) (anyone know what i mean?)

Found this Town & Country 1 1/2 QT casserole for $2.99
I don't have any of this pattern, but I have never really loved it...and I have too many 1 1/2 casseroles, so this one is not staying with me.

I actually have a TON of this pattern, but all my pieces are casseroles, and they're brown w/gold and this one is the little bitty mixing bowl. It had no price, so when I took it to the register the lady entered....INHALE
$.99
Phewwww...EXHALE

This is my first Sandalwood piece. I bought it yesterday. Because in my neck of the woods, GW's don't do color coded discount sales, they do every Monday 25% off. 
It was all alone with no lid. and...very very faded. (but not the leaves, they are thick and shiny) abused by the dishwasher. I picked it up...I set it down. I picked it up...walked away...looked at stinky shoes, stinky shirts, and old pillow cases. I peeked over to where I set it down. And my 4 yr old said, "Momma, why is your Pyrex over there? You need it for your Colllllleckshion"(love the way 4 year olds know just what to say) My 5 yr old said, "Mom, it's beautiful."
So really.
How could I  leave it at Goodwill? It will make a good cereal bowl or something.
Oh, and the total for this beauty? $1.49


So the GRAND total of my thrifted Pyrex Extravaganza... $5.47
What would you have done? Would you have left the Sandalwood...or brought it home?





9 comments:

  1. The beginning of your post made me laugh. Bless the husbands who understand our Pyrex obsession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually feeds into it because his hobby is music, and he knows pyrex is way cheaper than a guitar, so after i acquire a massive amount, he'll be like, "Can I get this guitar now?" and i can't say no. LOL

      Delete
  2. I don't have any Sandalwood either, so I surely would have bought it!

    Great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would have added it to my Colllleckshion for sure! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen these before. I'm just getting my old feet wet learning about vintage Pyrex!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i have memorized every pattern over at pyrexlove. LOL then I can stretch my neck to the housewares department and spot it from the front of the store.

      Delete
  5. I only have one piece of Sandalwood, a 471, so I surely would have bought it for my collekshon, lol!! You did good!

    ReplyDelete