Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pyrex Served On a Silver Platter

Anytime, I am fortunate enough to come across Pyrex, I am thrilled.  This instance was no exception.  I have never seen this plate and server combination before.  I looked and looked online only to find just a few examples.  However, none of the sources had any further information about this glass plate and server.



This is what I do know.  The glass plate is a pie plate and is 11 inches and is marked B-2.  I wish I could find out the date and maybe more information.  This item is gorgeous and a great serving piece.  The more interesting silver serving tray is much heavier than any other serving piece I have ever encountered combined with Pyrex.  It is also marked with a eagle WM Rogers and a Star followed by the the numbers 886.  I have scoured the online resources looking for answers and have come up empty handed.  If anyone has any information please feel free to leave a comment or email me directly.  I think the pie server would look great carrying a cherry pie for the holiday weekend coming up.

The estate sale I found the pie plate/serving tray was full of unique and wonderful finds.  I have added pictures of a few more of my other treasures at my blog site Click here to see more

2 comments:

  1. I'll check The Barbara Mauzy book. I just checked it out from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a silver plated casserole dish and lid with Pyrex with the same pattern as yours. it has an eagle WM Rogers followed by a star. This mark indicates it was created between 1825 and 1841. Excellent find. These are fun pieces! Rogers had a whole labyrinth of marks and can be difficult to decipher.

    ReplyDelete