Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I've got hutch

After searching and searching for a hutch for my Pyrex I found one! It was $50, which was what I wanted to spend.


In order to get this picture I had to have my Husband stand behind me with a giant dark brown towel. lol

So I have a giant window right across from the hutch. Beautiful in real life, murder for pictures. I swear I'm going to have to drape some black out curtains to ever get a decent picture. 

I've had this..hangy-thinga-majig for a while now and I realize what it'd be perfect for!


                                  I love it, the colors also go amazingly well with my green walls.

I don't know about the rest of you but memorial day thrifting was kind of a let down. There was almost no Pyrex to be had! I got a spring blossom cereal bowl and a lunch sized plate, a butterfly gold mug and these guys:

I got the bowl at Goodwill ( $2 ) and the fridgies at savers for $6. I've never seen glass fridgies before. Savers was cleaned out. I went on Monday because it didn't even occur to me to go on Saturday. My favorite thrift store wasn't even open on Monday.

My Mom got me some Pyrex goodies at our favorite vintage/antique shop ( it's an hour drive away, she went without me sob sob).


I posted a painting of Pyrex a bit ago and I'd like to update on that. I'm currently setting up an Etsy shop. There are only a few more things left to do and it'll be open. I promise to give everyone from PC a discount as well because if it weren't for you guys I would have never had enough confidence to do it in the first place. :) 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful hutch and great finds! Let us know when you open your Etsy shop, I'm definitely interested in Pyrex art for my kitchen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hutch is great! Love your mug rack.
    Thank you for sharing! :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Isn't it satisfying to FINALLY find what you've been looking for? Do you have the Spring Blossom sugar bowl and creamer? I just found a great pair today, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delightful! :) I love it. So excited to see your shop when it's all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we are into the same patterns! Love it...I am looking for something like this too.

    ReplyDelete