Saturday, March 31, 2012

I spoke too soon.

One day after I complained here that Pyrex was super-scarce, I found some (of course)--a lidless, cradle-less promotional casserole and Spice of Life canisters.

I have a weakness for promotional pieces; I also have a weakness for pieces that are almost completely pristine. The inside of this "Holiday Casserole" dish is a blinding white, and the outside has a few nicks, but the color is totally fresh. It's not my favorite pattern or color, but it's totally striking. Plus, it's so fun to own something that was only manufactured for one year (if I'm understanding promotional pieces correctly). According to the ever-awesome  www.pyrexlove.com, this is a Promotional Round Casserole Series 924 manufactured in 1960. I paid $5.99 for this at Goodwill--as always, a little rich for my blood, but worth it.

Next, I found a huge set of Pyrex Store 'N' See containers in the Spice O' Life pattern. I only purchased the four pictured since two of the small containers had warped seals, and the super-tiny container was adorable but useless to me. Of the four I purchased, the seals are pristine and there are no chips in the glass. The lids need a little scrubbing (something I haven't yet done; my Pyrex tends to sit around for days while we churn through the piles of truly crucial dishes) but they're only dirty rather than faded or stained. The tall "Pasta Keeper" (as identified by www.corellecorner.com) was $3.99 at Goodwill; the others were $2.99 each.

Okay! Off to discover what cupboards my baby has emptied while I've been spacing out over Pyrex.

~Margaret Ann

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I have started collecting the autumn harvest Pyres. I only two of these containers! You scored!
    Karen

    Shabby Borcante

    ReplyDelete