Tuesday, March 27, 2012

eBay Treasure!

So, I had never bought Pyrex (or anything else fragile) online before, due to breakage paranoia, but I'm glad I took the chance on this set!!


 I only had to beat out one other bidder, and they were mine, mine, mine for less than $25, shipping included!

I think other potential buyers might have been scared off by the description, which made them sound very much less-than-great, but I was really pleased to find this set of fridgies was actually in pretty great condition! Only a bit of fading to the top edges, and no chips to the lids. The large blue fridgie did have some icky grimage that I managed to scrub off!!

I'm glad I took the gamble! I just love these to hold leftovers and other goodies in the fridge!!

They are now cozy with the rest of their family!!



 Yikes, I need a bigger cupboard, (or a big beautiful china cabinet) if only to accommodate the rest of my stash, as well as the new additions to come in the future!!

More pics on my blog.........On to the next!

Genevieve

 

2 comments:

  1. Just had to comment, of course because you have a fantastic collection, and you scored very well with your fridgies, but also because I have a daughter named Genevieve, and I love the name so much, but my favourite thing is your use of the word "grimage"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! You and my Mom have great taste in names!!! LOL.

      Delete