Monday, August 6, 2012

pyrex england

lately, i have noticed that many of you have said that "pyrex england" is a rareity in your areas. i had no idea! i seem to see it everywhere here in manitoba. even my small town thrift store always has an abundance of it but the patterns often aren't my cup of tea so i don't pick much of it up. :)

however, there are three pieces from the "pyrex england" collection that have made their way into my home. finding information on them has proved to be quite difficult so if i am classifying them incorrectly, feel free to correct me!


this was my first piece from the collection. it's the cherry blossom pattern. i'm not sure if i would purchase it if i saw it on the shelf now but back then i bought anything and everything that said "pyrex". :)



my second piece! i LOVE the colours on this piece. it's called country autumn and i even found the matching lid in one of the bins that our thrift store has for leftover casserole lids.


i found this third piece awhile back and wrote about it here. this pattern is so unique and looks a little old town-ish but i just love it. i'm not totally sure of its name but i've seen others refer to it as "vine". after googling it, i've realized that it may actually come with a dark lid which is totally crazy because whenever i see those in the lid bin, i just move right passed them. i didn't even know that they were pyrex. tomorrow i'll be making a stop at the lid bin!



a post from me wouldn't be complete without a snippet of butterfly gold. i love how well the country autumn piece goes with these bowls.

7 comments:

  1. I do see Pyrex England quite often, but I find many pieces quite unattractive. I live in Toronto, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Ontario, I see it all the time too but it's not something I buy, I have a couple of pieces and that's enough for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cherry blossom is fantastic! those patterns are even more vibrant than the ones i see around! i think pyrex england might be something that would work for you on ebay. it's always worth a try!

    great finds!
    ~Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also living in Manitoba I see boat loads of the stuff, just not vibrant enough for me I guess

    I've heard it said that there is lots here because of all the English war brides - they came over after the war and by the 50's and 60's brought family over and were affluent enough to bring their housewares with them - not sure I hold anything to this theory! But I do know lots of folks that are from England....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting theory! I'm happy with the three pieces I have but I agree with the rest of you that most just aren't vibrant enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an Autumn Country bowl with lid we inherited from my Mother in law. It has a smoky brown lid. Just though you might want to know :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete