Monday, August 27, 2012

Pyrex Find in My China Cabinet

The Enabler (my wonderful supportive husband) stopped at our local Goodwill Friday so I could run in and see if they had anything new. Each of the aisles of glasswares and miscellanous is set up by color. I walked up and down each aisle and found the white bottom to a butter dish but no top. I just know that one of these days I'm going to find a bottomless top so at $1.25 I picked it up.

I was getting ready to leave when something told me to go down the third aisle again. There sitting on the middle shelf at the edge was this set of four bowls. I know that wasn't sitting there before. There's no way I could've missed it.  The price tag was $12.25.

Spring Blossom Green 4qt, 2-1/2qt, 1-1/2qt, 1-1/2pt
The only sign of wear are these two white spots.
 
I was making room in the china cabinet today for my new vintage finds and realized that this great glass coffee pot that belonged to my grandmother is Pyrex.   My mom wanted to toss it, but I couldn't bear to toss any of my grandmother's stuff. Cleaning out her apartment was hard enough. I do have the center stem but I don't store it in the pot because I'm afraid that the glass basket inside or the pot itself will break if something knocks into it.
 
I hope I can find a few nice things at the Goodwill store this week too.
Angie

4 comments:

  1. Finding a full set of bowls makes for a great day!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually dislike stores who organize by colour. I find it very hard to focus on the items on the shelf & always feel like I may have missed something. I missed a red refrigerator dish, passed by it 2 times... on the 3rd, it was there. There was no one else in the store, nor were they putting stuff on the shelf, so I know it was always there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like the color coordinated aisles, but everything does tend to blend in together. I love the Goodwill stores around here. The prices on everything are very reasonable. The Salvation Army, on the other hand, thinks it's a high end department store.

    ReplyDelete