Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recent Finds

photo-29.jpg
A lot of the pieces I have been seeing lately have looked like this. Isn't it sad?photo-28.jpg
I was really close to buying this because I just love the blue stripes so much and don't have any yet. I ended up passing it up.
_MG_5560.jpg
Then at another thrift store I stumbled upon this entire set for just $12.95. It's in wonderful shape too. It's not a pattern that I collect so I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not. I would be open to some possible trades if anyone is interested.
_MG_5567.jpg
The last few weeks have been a little slow for me. I usually stop at 3 or 4 thrift stores when I'm out grocery shopping. They're all on the way, so I can't pass by without stopping. :) This is what I've picked up in that last couple weeks. Some of these pieces are for friends.

8 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to have a couple of those baking pans. I've never seen them out. My thrift stores are all over town, so I usually only hit one or two a week. Makes for some slow hunting!

    Sally @ Exploits of a Military Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to get the whole set for cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love that lime green pan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a complete set of Primary mixing bowls yesterday at a thrift that looked just like those dishwashered-to-death ones. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a cool find!! I don't have alot of this particular type in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you found that nesting set for $12.95!?!?! EEEKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At easter, my grandma pulled out a large Butterprint Cinderella bowl that she has had forever. My aunt laughed because she said she took baths in that bowl! It was heavily dishwasher damaged, but for the first time I saw extreme amounts of love with that bowl rather than damage! It actually made me smile rather than cringe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK.I think I'm going to officialy start collecting Pyrex as of tonight! My only piece is that Rainbow Striped Blue Mixing Bowl, like that one in your pic. Mine is in good shape. It was my moms...Well, she doesn't know she's giving it to me yet! lol

    ReplyDelete