Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Dash of Luck


This past week was an amazing one for Pyrex thrifting in my neck of the woods.  I was able to hit a quartet of thrift shops myself and got some assistance from my mom, dad, and step-mom. 





The white tea cup was one of four that came from my mom.  I'm currently trying to piece together the blue banded dinnerware and these are for backup in case I am unable to find the cups which go with it.  The four quart spring blossom cinderella mixing bowl came courtesy of my step-mom.  The glass do-dad in the lower left hand corner is a flameware lid that I believe will fit a two quart sauce pan (my apologies for only featuring 30% of it).  The small glass bowl in the back is a 10 oz casserole or refrigerator dish...I haven't exactly decided it's original purpose. 



My favorite finds however are also pictured above.  The two quart mixing bowl was found for only $1.29!  Yes, I did a happy-dance in the aisle.  It was the largest from a set of three introduced in 1961 with the smallest bowl being only one cup.  It also has measurements up the sides.  The Heinz promotional utility dish was found by my dad at the local SA for $2.99.  Since this piece has been long present on my wish list, he did very good. 

Feel free to come visit me at my blog: http://yesterway.blogspot.com/

1 comment: