Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hello fellow Pyrex lovers!

Hello everyone!

My name is Sam, and I am young antiques/collectibles collector. I collect numerous things, which include UND Pottery, Red Wing Pottery, Vintage christmas decor, and tons more! One of the things I have started to buy on my garage sale runs is vintage Pyrex. I do not pay much for it because I am very cheap, but I really enjoy the few pieces I have. I look forward to sharing my Pyrex exploits with you guys!

I'll tell you a quick story to share one my favorite finds: One Friday, my Grandma (my garage sale partner and driver!) and I were in a little town close to where we live for their citywide Garage sale day. We were almost finished with all my pre-planned stops when we saw a yard laden with all sorts of vintage looking goodies. When we hopped out, the lady told us that everything was a QUARTER! I started off by picking up some vintage Christmas decor and some depression glass, and when I turned around, I saw a whole little collection of vintage Pyrex! I gasped and started greedily grabbing it all! I found a plain red round baker, a small Cinderella shape Early American bowl, and a Town and Country small orange baker with lid all for a quarter each! That was essentially the start of my vintage Pyrex collection!

I do not have any pictures today, but I will try and take some tommorow.

I look forward to sharing and learning with you guys!

Yours cordially,

Sam

4 comments:

  1. Welcome! I'd love to see pictures of your find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you at the PCIII! Can't wait to see your finds. You have a great writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Would love to find a yardsale with Pyrex for a quarter!! Welcome!

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete