Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Dangers of Pyrex Overexcitement

Hello fellow Pyrex lovers! My name is Kristen and I'm new to the Pyrex collective. I've been collecting Pyrex since last December, and have amassed quite a bit already. I love seeing all of the Pyrex goodies that everyone on the collective is finding and decided that it's time to share some of my own.

 I've found a lot of great Pyrex at consignment stores and thrift shops and have started frequenting the goodwill near my house. However, last week my excitement over some Pyrex find got me into a bit of trouble! I've been on a hunt for Pyrex mugs, but they kept eluding me. Finally I spotted a pair of butterfly gold mugs on the bottom shelf at the goodwill and happily brought them up to the register and got the pair of them for $1.50! Unfortunately, in my excitement (and an attempt to stop them from breaking one another since the cashier just threw them in a bag together) I somehow managed to leave my wallet on the counter...of the goodwill. Needless to say, it was not there when I ran in to check the next morning and is now gone forever. So, my lovely $1.50 mugs ended up costing me the $50.00 in cash that was in my wallet. Hopefully whoever ended up with my money needed it more than I do.


One of my accidentally very expensive mugs

Moral of the story here is never lose your wallet in a goodwill!

Wishing everyone else happier Pyrex hunting!
 -Kristen

7 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear that your wallet is GONE! Now you have to get all new ID's and cancel your credit cards...Thank you for the kind comments about my mantle and I think the Christmas hanky one is my favorite too!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that that happend to you! It's easy to "lose your mind" when your thrifting and spot something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible! My grandma lost her engagement ring in Goodwill once and it was definitely not there when we went back. Sorry to hear about your wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand how someone could just steal something like a wallet. Some people just don't have a conscience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a kind of similar experience, in that a Pyrex piece ended up costing me a whole lot more than it was worth. I had been looking for a turquoise snowflake divided dish and, lo and behold, found one at my local SA. As I was leaving the parking garage, as I have many times before with no problem, I turned short and scratched and dented my running board. It ended up costing $491 to fix! That's essentially a $500 piece of Pyrex. I thought that might help you feel better! I haven't been back there since!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the empathy, guys! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who was thwarted by the goodwill or who ended up with an accidentally very expensive piece of pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear! I had to pay for a parking ticket when I ran into a local thrift the other month and didn't pay attention - the mele jewelry box I found landed up costing me $57! I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete