Thursday, November 1, 2012

My first piece of pink Pyrex!

I've been collecting Pyrex for about 15 years.  I've seen plenty of pink Pyrex over the years when out shopping but didn't want to pay antique store prices. Plus, for most of those 15 years, I only collected the snowflake patterns.  Well, I happened on my first pink piece this week, an 8 inch Flamingo pink baking dish for $2.50 at a thrift store!  I still need to clean it up a bit but the color is vibrant with no scratches!  I also happened on my very first Butterfly Gold piece, the large 2 1/2 quart Cinderella casserole for $2.99 at Goodwill.  No lid but I can be on the look out now:)  The owl hiding in the background, I found for $1.99 at Goodwill.  It is a hanging bell ringer and I would like my husband to hang him in the kitchen I think!

 
My other finds in the last week include a clear Pyrex fridgie for a whopping .50 cents at the same thrift store and a bread pan for $1.99 at Goodwill.  Not sure that the bread pan is old or anything but I needed one and decided it might as well be Pyrex!
 
 
Lastly, I found this casserole holder for .25 cents at a local thrift store.  I wasn't sure if it was Pyrex or would fit any of my Pyrex casseroles.  When I brought it home, I didn't have anything big enough to fit into it!  Does anyone know, if the casserole holders were marked "Pyrex" or not?
 
 
UPDATE: I remembered that I only had one piece of Pyrex still in the box that I have ever purchased and I knew it was a Christmas bowl.  I just pulled it out of the closet and realized that this carrier is for the Golden Leaf promotional casserole set from 1960.  Now, I have two carriers but one bowl!  This carrier has been sitting down at the thrift store for a year, I swear.  I finally snagged it thinking it would work for Pyrex and it does! 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. It looks like the cradle for the christmas holly 404 bowl! Here it is from another collective member:

    http://pyrexcollective.blogspot.ca/2012/10/doing-happy-dance-red-gold-holly.html

    If you are up for trading or selling, i would love it to finish my set!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Natalie on this. The cradles were not marked Pyrex in anyway butI have the golden holly bowl and cradle and this is definately the same one :) Also, the exact same cradle came with the Hex sign 404 as well.


      My blog post from when I found my cradle: http://yesterway.blogspot.com/2012/07/twas-luck.html

      Delete
    2. Yes, Natalie you are right! It is for the Golden Leaf promo bowl set! I just updated my post to reflect this information. Since I already have this set, and was too flakey to realize it, I would love to trade the carrier for something. If you are still interested in the carrier, email me details to happyholidaygirl@gmail.com and let me know what you were thinking:) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I mainly collect pink and turquoise so of course I am in love with your pink square baker! That cradle is definitely for Pyrex. I don't think they are ever marked though. At least not the ones that I have.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy you found your first pink piece! I love when I happen upon something I have been drooling over for a long time. :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab finds! i sure wish i had saved all the pyrex i had when my kids were growing up. two of my adult children collect pryex too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds for good prices.
    I would love some pink to add to my aqua, but I have yet to find a pink piece around here. Fridgies make me smile - such a cute name for cute Pyrex.
    I recently found a "Magic Cradle" which is an adjustable holder which was clearly marked Pyrex, #78. For $1, I figured I couldn't go wrong.
    Isn't Pyrex wonderful ?
    :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the pink brownie pan...and how cool to find the cradle. Good prices too :)

    ReplyDelete