Saturday, November 3, 2012

Guess what I bought yesterday....

No, I did not come home with another haul yesterday! Every Friday is my thrifting day but hurricane sandy stopped it for me this weekend. There is a gas shortage just about everywhere and if there isn't there is massive lines to get to it so instead of thrifting I bought this book at Barnes and Noble's yesterday. It is the Pyrex The unauthorized collector's guide by Barbara E. Mauzy.
I have yet to read the book, but I looked through it and it looks awesome! I might as well get more educated on Pyrex by next week when I go thrifting!

Does anyone else have this book?




11 comments:

  1. I am constantly checking this out from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it! I really like it, but I must admit I have mainly just looked at the pictures. I will get around to actually reading the text, but the pretty, pretty pictures lure me away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got that one! I'm still looking for this one though -- it's quite rare: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyrex-by-Corning-A-Collectors-Guide-plus-Supplement-antique-reference-books-/380484101057

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard of that one..looking for it too.
      Wonder why it is so rare

      Delete
    2. I have that one, too! it's a great book and quite different from Mauzy's. They can seem to contradict each other a bit, but I enjoy having both!

      Delete
    3. I want that one badly! Hopefully one day I can find it.

      Delete