Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Wisedom of Kids and Lids



Just got back from a Goodwill in Everett after shopping at Trader Joe's.  My kids were with me since it's summer break (Emily is 13 and Ben is 10).  I found an odd set of Pyrex bowls.  They were Verde, but the largest was a cinderella and the rest were mixing bowls.  One of the mixing bowls was in really bad shape and the smallest one, I just didn't care for.  It looked kind of neon yellow.  The problem was they were sold as a set.  Only $9.99 though, which is a great price for around here.  Then I found a vintage juice jar (which I also collect), and a vintage Christmas wall hanging...some supper cool 70's stackable Tupperware spice holders that match my other stuff...and a bunch of fake fruit that was cheap (which I've been looking for).  Anyway, the funny thing is, my kids did to me what I always do to them.  "Mom, you have to much stuff.  You need to decided what your going to put back."  What do you say to that?  "Yes, you're right, help me decide,"  I found myself saying.  They helped me with pros and cons...and I ended up putting the bowls back.  Ohhhhh....it was hard!  If they just sold them seperately!

Here's the fruit I found in a Spring Blossom bowl

On another note... I picked up a Friendship lid the other day for 50 cents.  I also have another lid...Horizon Blue that I've had for awhile.  I keep hoping to stumble on the casseroles for them.  Anyone had luck buying a lid and then finding the match?



Stacey

www.gfpastorswife.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. LOL Smart Kids! Darn them anyway! :)
    No lids here...though I needs TONS of clear casserole lids. I hope you find your matching pieces!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequently buy solo lids...I had a little episode one day where I passed up a lid then found the casserole that it would have went with. I learned my lesson hehe. Since then I have on a few occasions found lids and casseroles seperately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's good to know! I can't seem to pass up the lone lids

    ReplyDelete