Thursday, June 28, 2012

White Pyrex- to dishwash, or not to dishwash?


Pyrex hunting has been pretty slow over here in Syracuse, NY. I continue to check my favorite spots, with little success. However, I recently found this white lasagna/utility dish with gold stripe. Now, maybe I'm desperate, but I thought I could make it work with my turquoise collection.

I know NOT to ever wash my colored pyrex in the dishwasher. But, my new purchase is faded in some gold spots anyway. Do you think I could dishwash it to remove all the gold and have it be plain white (or will it ruin the shine of the white too)? Or what else could I use to scrub it away? Maybe I'm better off leaving it alone...

Thoughts appreciated :) Thanks!

<3,
Christina
Belle of the Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I know that Bar Keepers Friend warns not to use it on gold/silver finishes like that so maybe it would remove it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a common dish to find, I would leave it alone...but that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be nervous about removing it! It looks okay the way it is, it shows its history I guess! :)

    Love your snowflake dishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input everyone! At least it shows its age and I wont be afraid to bake in it... I love my snowflakes too, and fear using them :)

    ReplyDelete