Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sister, Sister Pyrex Hunter in Training!

Over the last several years, I have been slowly educating my sister about my love and obsession with vintage Pyrex. She has acquired many bowls on my behalf and frequently text me pictures of finds from yard sales, antique stores and friends cupboards. Lol

The most recent find was the best so far! A vintage Pyrex lasagna pan. As, collectors we all know that these particular pans can be pricey. Also, for me they have been very hard to find outside of ebay. So, you can imagine my excitement when I recieved a text from my sister with the solid orange pan!

My sister's text was immediately followed by my speed dialing her and asking how much. I held my breath and when she said $3 I screamed buy it now!! Amazing find, considering these go for much much more and I didn't have one in my collection!

Thank God for Sisters and Vintage pyrex :)

As you can see you can never have too much Pyrex...right?

See more of my collection at cherrypickedfinds.blogspot.com and you can decide :)) how much is too much!

 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how much those lasagna pans can go for? A few years ago, I picked up the Friendship one at a flea market for $12. I remember thinking that was way too much but I really liked the size of it so I bought it. Now I know what an amazing deal I got. Love the orange one! You will use the heck out of it.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! But crazy prices somehow over time turn into amazing prices. I remember passing on many pieces over the years because I thought the price was too much. Like the green Christmas bowl I passed on for $25. Ughhh. Great deal on the Friendship pan! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment :)

      Delete
  2. What an awesome score! It's so nice to have a partner in crime for Pyrex hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moments are so exhilarating!!!! How fun for you!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete