Thursday, February 27, 2014

I have never seen this much Pyrex, EVER!

I recently went on a treasure trip and came across this amazing display in a antique mall. I can't even imagine! This was the most Pyrex I have ever come across in one place.

The prices were sky high as you might have guessed. I now know where all the Pyrex has been heading in my area. It also explains the question I ask myself when I come across a 401 butterfly gold in a thrift store, priced at a crazy price of $10 or more, who buys this at that price! I have my answer when I see the prices on these pieces. Crazy, but fun to look at :)

In the more resonable land of treasure scores, my latest find.

Cool piece, hoping to find the lid soon!

Have great Pyrex filled week!

Cherrypickedfinds.blogspot.com

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a shame. With as many coordinating pieces as they have, and how they've got it stacked/displayed, it gives me the impression that it's a collector who is downsizing a collection - and they aren't quite letting it go yet - hence the high prices. Or at least that's the story I'd tell myself if I ever found a really nice, but pricey, grouping like this. Nice to look at, but disappointing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a collector downsizing! I'm going to tell myself the same story lol

      Delete
  2. Yay on your Zodiac find! I was lucky and found the casserole and then the lid at the same thrift a couple days later (not too long ago). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your lid finds you soon! I'm looking for the warmer stand thingy now.

    Yes, prices are going up up up on Pyrex. I'm so glad I got so much of mine before the craziness! I'll still have pieces I'll have to fork over some bucks for to complete some sets :0(

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky! I am hoping some of your lucks rubs off and I can find the lid too! I have been buying pieces that are more rare when I see them even if it's more than I have spent in the past bc I know prices are trending upward. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. That Zodiac piece is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete