Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pricing Pyrex

I see a lot of articles and resources for the pricing of Pyrex - the dollar amounts and values, that is.  What I am looking for is practical advice on the actual pricing of Pyrex...labels?  Tags?  That sort of thing.

After a little over a year of collecting I realize that I can't keep it all, and frankly...Pyrex is taking over my entire house.  I believe firmly that culling is the best way to make an amazing collection actually look amazing, so I've weeded out about 40 pieces which I will be taking to a local consignment shop.  The owner, a good friend of mine, assures me that Pyrex sells quickly there (and not just because I buy it!).

But that leaves me with the issue of attaching price tags, and I'm really at a loss.  Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help!!  :)

4 comments:

  1. A local shop uses a wax pencil on the bottom on the bowls. It washes off with just a little soap and water with no messy sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend doing what most antique booth owners do with their pricing - go to do the dollar store, grab some white sticker tags, use those. I personally like them on the top, near the rim of the bowl. I don't like to have to turn the bowl over to see the price in an antique/consignment shop. If it's part of a set, remember some people like to do the old switharoo, so always write a description on the tag - "BUTTERFLY GOLD 501 - NO LID".

    I guess.

    Wax pencil isn't something you'd expect at a consignment shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut index cards in half and then stamp my info on them-booth number, vendor number, booth name and my website. Then I had all the variable stuff and a short description. Then the tag is taped with packing tape to the inside rim, or somewhere else that is easy to see. People seem to hate searching for price tags.
    And yes, Sir Thrift a Lot is right. Always write on the tag what the piece is coming with.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete