Sunday, April 14, 2013

Seeing Stars in Intercourse, PA

*Sigh* Oh mama! I picked my way through PA (Blueball, Bird in Hand, Intercourse) and found super treasures!!! PS who named these towns?!

Some places were overflowing with high-priced pyrex, much of which I left behind. But, when middle-of-the-road prices surfaced... I bit! Maybe more like chomped after some digging and wheelin' n' dealin' by my father. And if I do say so, we hit the jackpot!

3 desert dawn bakers
1 BG cinderella bowl
2 pink mixing bowls
2.5qt BG casserole
BG large fridgie
Turquoise sugar and creamer
Huge 4qt snowflake blue casserole
1 turquoise snowflake spacesaver
Large wheat casserole
7 BG saucers
1 BG margarine dish
1 turquoise large fridgie
2 yellow gooseberry bowls
3 pink laurel bowls

I think that's everything...

Like most pyrexics, I desperately wanted the starburst casserole. Searched high and low. The beautiful light turquoise hue, the shiny silvery star...*so dreamy, so retro*

... and oh.so.mine!

Underneath a pyrex pile, there it was! She was asking $80. I also wanted a desert dawn 1.5 baker- got both for $70! And literally, I felt weak in the knees. Judge me if you want to. I'm ok with it.

Now, it isn't 100% perfect, I'd say 90% though. Some burned edges and small scratches you can see in pics.

Overall, we spent a small fortune. But, I have satisfied my pyrex needs. For now :)

Happy Pyrexing!
Christina
Belle of the Blog





















12 comments:

  1. When my sister and I first started collecting, we would do the exact same thing....buy, buy, and buy more. Well, pretty soon we ran ourselves out of space and sold a lot of our not-so-favorite pieces and duplicates at our garage sale last summer. Now, I have more room to collect my beloved pink & turquoise! I love that giant 4 quart casserole. I have never seen a piece that size! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to pass things up! I am kind of out of room too haha but I figure since I am getting married next year it is less to register for (since I prefer vintage dishware, everything else for registry will be linens, towels etc). Can't wait to use them! Ill keep you updated :)

      Delete
  2. Love them all. Glad to see you got a piece you so much desired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the starburst! It's great to finally check that one off your list. Those towns are almost my neck o the woods, should check them out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... you definitely added to your collection! Love the snowflake space saver and the turquoise fridge dish. Those places are great for a day trip - they're not too far from me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was soooo much to choose from! Dangerous :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finding your Starburst! You really found quite a variety of patterns. I've seen the big casserole called a "Big Bertha" - fitting name, cause it looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have serious pyrex envy! What a great haul! I really want that starburst-I've never seen one in the wild, hopefully someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was becoming a crazy person over it, and finalllllyyyyy found it! Your day will come!

      Delete
  7. You seriously made me laugh when I saw the names of the towns where you found your amazing Pyrex treasure! I agree with your comment: "Who names these towns?" - way too funny! (I'm still laughing!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! I giggled like a fool at that name! I'm so jealous and thrilled with your awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were other riskay names like Virginville and Paradise. Crazy!

      Delete