Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Seeing Snowflakes

Hi PC3, SusieQT from Practice in Time here!

I knew it would happen! As soon as I caved and bought a snowflake piece on eBay, look what I found in a thrift store:


A 1.5 qt casserole in white with turquoise snowflakes. For $5.00!

Admittedly, it was a charcoal Snowflake I bought on the 'bay, but I'm not going to complain- I love  snowflakes! And I love this size casserole- it is perfect to heat up a rotisserie chicken or side dish. 

This is actually my first oval Pyrex casserole- I have a Fire King one in this shape that I use a lot and am happy to have found another.

4 comments:

  1. I have that same casserole dish and recently picked up the larger 2 1/2 quart size. It is HUGE! Glad to see that you found another Snowflake piece. I just put all of mine away for the season.

    Have a great day!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! How funny--the eBay curse strikes again! I had the exact same thing happen to me and the Bluebird casserole...I will probably end up trading or selling my extra at some point, though! I love the ovals too--they're a good size to feed 2 people, or as a side dish for a larger dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find, and I do love that size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it Murphy's law! LOL
    I picked-up this same casserole dish (sans lid) and a charcoal one too (just like yours, but with lid) just before Christmas - I was so happy to find them. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of them! This one looks like it's in great shape.

    ReplyDelete