Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lids

Will any of you admit to hoarding Pyrex lids in hope of finding the bottom?  I finally got rid of mine...all but a perfect round Friendship lid I found a year ago at a thrift for .29 cents.  Then, this week, I found two more that I just had to grab, believing that I can find the matching casseroles.  I found another Friendship lid at Goodwill, this time an oval.  Then there's this curious (approx) 5x5 square.  It was a dollar at an antique mall and it was so unusual, it called to me.  Anyone have any idea what it goes to?  Stacey at www.gfpastorswife.blogspot.com




8 comments:

  1. I'm a lid hoarder. I'm also the kind to buy a bottom and try to find the lid later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Butterfly Fold lid with no bottom, that is my only one, I very seldom ever see lids, not the decorative ones anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lid hoarder. I use the bottom cabinet of my Pyrex hutch to hide them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the first Friendship lid for the largest size casserole? If so, would you be willing to sell it? That casserole was my first piece of Pyrex, given to me by my parents 6 years ago. My lid fell one day and shattered and I've been heartbroken and looking for another with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you lid shattered! I hate stuff like that. And, no, it's the smallest casserole lid. I NEVER see any Friendship...not even in antique stores, and at this point I'd pay more for the red casserole that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've picked up some stray lids too. If ever I would see anything Friendship, no doubt I would get it (top or bottom!!) And at the prices you got them for, you can't beat that!
    Sorry I can't help with the square lid identification.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know where your square lid is from. I think they are OLD refrigerator dishes. Last summer I picked up 3 of them, heavy glass with lids exactly like that. The lids I have do have the Pyrex backstamp, which I think maybe I can see very lightly your picture. The backstamp on my lid is the old kind, the 3rd one, with the backwards dollar signs and the words "TM REG US PAT OFF." I think we just found them at a sale for a dollar each, something like that. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete