Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Saved by the Pyrex!

It has been so long since I posted here at the Pyrex collective because I just haven't found any until last week. I was out of town and decided to look up local thrifts in my area. I was shocked at the results! A Savers! I couldn't believe it. I always read about all the lucky finds that other bloggers have found at this place. 

When I went in I was overwhelmed, it was huge and so clean.
I left with a cart full of stuff. People were laughing at me, but I didn't care. One man jokingly suggested I get another cart. I found tons of Pyrex, a vintage globe, a giant ball mason jar for serving lemonade out of and a Kitchen Aid stand mixer in great shape.

Here is some of my finds that are already finding a spot at my booth! I also found some vintage luggage and am starting to transform them into repurposed dog beds.
Visit my blog to see the luggage transformation and more at http://cherrypickedfinds.blogspot.com



9 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I have that lemonade carafe! I found it too at Savers. Dont you just love that store? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you - we don't have Savers around here. I really like the carafe with the red top. And the Pyrex too, of course!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks red but its actually orange and it says Tang on the glass. If your ever in an area where there is a Savers it is worth the stop:)

      Delete
  3. What fun!! I've always liked that carafe every time I've seen it! I guess your Savers is the same as our Value Village in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and I don't have a Savers in the state that we live in so we were super excited to find a couple to go to when we were in Las Vegas in March. They were total DUDS!!! It was such a bummer because we always are reading about the good luck that other bloggers have at them. Glad to hear that you found some great things!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I read your blog everyday and just loved Maddie's post this week. Las Vegas was a dud for me last summer too:( Oh well the good thing about thrifting is there is always tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. Love the carafe! I love my local Savers!

    ReplyDelete