Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Never again, Sally Ann!


I have a love/hate relationship with my local Salvation Army thrift store. To me, it is like the Wal-Mart of thrift stores- huge, noisy, smelly and filled with junk no one wants. It makes even a die hard thrifter like me not want to go there- I almost always go somewhere else when I need a fix.

But lately, my two preferred thrift stores have not had much of anything vintage, much less clothing or Pyrex, the two things I buy most often. Such was the case yesterday when I made my weekly trip- I actually walked out of those stores with nothing. I can't remember the last time I did that.

So, I had some time to kill and thought I'd stop in at the Sally Ann, just for kicks. Well, darned if I didn't score. 


They had tons of Pyrex! Of course, I scooped up the only Butterprint, a 402 mixing bowl- and for only $2.49! I have almost completed my set of fridgies and Cinderella bowls in this pattern, but this is my first mixing bowl. I left a lot behind for someone else- a complete set of Forest Fancies casseroles with lids, a set of Town & Country Cinderella bowls, and a few others- I think maybe a Colonial Mist mixing bowl- as they are not patterns I particularly care for. 

This is the same store where I found my turquoise 503 fridgie and my jadeite mixing bowl- why did I ever doubt it?

Head on over to my blog and read about the rest of the goodies!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of my local SA, either! Glad you found some goodies though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found some Pyrex at the local Salvation Army, but they are few and far between. You did well on your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I dont have one of those stores.

    ReplyDelete