Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pink Pyrex in Action

Hi PC3, SusieQT here from Practice in Time.

I just wanted to pop in real quick and prove that yes, we Pyrex fanatics do use our collections!


My husband had to have a tooth pulled the other day and is still not able to eat chewy/hard foods, so what to make for dinner? How about some creamy mac and cheese baked in my pink Pyrex lasagna pan?

Usually I use an enamelware pan for mac and cheese but it was already being used. I really hate to use a plain steel cake pan for it too, because of the metallic aftertaste. So, the best alternative was to put some of my vintage Pyrex to use! 

This pan is the perfect size for a nice large batch (he is eating it for lunch too the next couple of days ;). 

Also, if you look closely, you can see my Pyrex oil and vinegar cruets. I use those almost everyday. They sit perfectly on a spare 502 fridgie lid; like a tray.

I don't know about you guys, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when my precious Pyrex is back in the cupboard safe and sound after a jaunt out and about in my kitchen! 

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I need another lasagna pan. I use my butterfly gold one all the time! And yes, im always happy to see it back, clean, and fresh on the shelf:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to use my Pyrex, but I know how you feel about the relief when it's back safe and sound. I really like your pink pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The awesome-ness of Pyrex! It's adorable, we collectors use it, it's durable, etc., etc. Love your pink lasagna pan.

    ReplyDelete