Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pyrex Wonderland


Well I finally uploaded these pictures I took off of my cell phone. I went to a little town in CT about a month or so ago. The whole town is full of antique stores, some are too ritzy for me and others are country like antiques..there is one of my favorite stores that is funky and fun. Well I walked into this "general store" where they make food, cookies, pies etc. In this general store I almost fell over and fainted and for two reasons.

One is because they had Pyrex all over the place (and a ton of Jadite), beautifully displayed sitting on their shelves and they were for sale! Second is because when I ran over to the pieces and first looks at how great of a condition they were in then I snagged the price tag and was shocked again! $135 for Butterprint mixing bowl set of 4!!!!!!!!!!! Are they nuts? That is so over priced. They wanted $235 for the "blue mixing bowls" and the "pink mixing bowls"....how insane!
I came to terms with, they have them just for display...and not really for sale. Their prices were triple over the limit of what they really are worth. They will just sit on the shelves in their general store and collect dust and never get a home unless you want to blow $500 plus on 2 sets of mixing bowls! But I did take pictures because it was really really nice to look at and I could dream can't I?





12 comments:

  1. There have been a few times that this has happened to me. I really wanted to go up to the people and tell them that they were crazy and that they were NEVER going to sell their stuff at those prices!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel! Too bad they can't go to good homes =/

      Delete
  2. oh goodness gracious, look at all that! So nice to just gaze and daydream... Too bad it was crazy expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I almost passed out! I couldn't believe how much they had, but the prices oh boy!

      Delete
  3. I would suspect the owner is also a collector and only parts with things at prices that salve the collector spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly! But then they should not even put prices on them and just let us drool!

      Delete
  4. Holy moly!! No way! It would have been hard to walk away... But youd have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was EXTREMELY hard to walk away but I just had to! Those prices are super high!

      Delete
  5. Pyrex makes such great decor. There's an add on Kijiji these days about someone looking for Pyrex for a retro inspired café they are opening. I imagine it'll be very pretty with all the Pyrex.
    Maybe the owners got tired of being asked how much and figured a way to keep it all!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!!! Maybe that is the reason...it is so beautiful to look at! But it so much fun to use!

      Delete
  6. Prices seem high to us, but...there are probably Martha Stewart wannabes out there that would pay that for those because they don't know any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah and because they have too much money that they have no idea what to do with it!

      Delete