Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Favorite, Friendship

We all have out favorites. Some like certain patterns better, some like certain shapes. I am an Old Orchard lover myself, one of the few.

But I have a favorite set. A set that has more emotional attachment than anything else. 40 years ago my mom married my dad. She got this:



Yes it was a wedding gift to her. It is missing one bowl, but that is okay. Who knows when it broke, I bet my brothers had a hand in that. 

My dad passed away 5 years ago, they had been divorced for over 20 years. I am glad I got a little piece of them from their "happy" times. 

If you wanna see them in their 1973 glory and more pyrex check out Treasures My Husband Hates-friendship turns relationship




3 comments:

  1. Great story! Sounds like a great start to a family heirloom :) youll find that other bowl to finish it out when you least expect it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern - can't wait to see it "in person" one day.

    ReplyDelete