Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Pyrex Brunch

I'm anti-take-your-mom-out-for-mother's-day. (You can read why here.) So this year, I made my Mama brunch -- using Pyrex, of course. 



And speaking of holidays... I just nabbed this lovely Golden Pine spacesaver promo (without the lid) for only $1! 


I went on eBay right afterwards to see if I could find a lid for it. I just searched for plain lids when the matching one came up. I'm so glad I saw it -- I didn't even know this one had a special lid! I paid a little more than I wanted to for the lid, mainly due to shipping costs, but I justified it because the space saver was only $1. 

AND, I saw this listing and knew my lid was a total bargain in comparison. Seriously?! $32.99 for the LID?

I love Spring, Summer and Fall, but I'm definitely looking forward to using these space savers throughout the winter holidays. (See more of this Green Wheat Space Saver here.)




Whether you are a mom or not, I hope you've enjoyed the weekend! 


8 comments:

  1. Aww, your brunch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madee! Not many leftovers though -- haha!

      Delete
  2. You set a beautiful table - I LOVE your colors! I completely agree with you and would rather keep the celebration at home, it makes it all the more sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's also more personal at home... less crowded usually, too!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous find....I love that space saver. $1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just about walked past it... I had to do a double take! It was hidden behind something, and they had it piled high with stuff inside. Glad I took a second glance!

      Delete
  4. In our fast and crazy busy lives- it is hard to remember mother's day isn't just about our one mom. The workers have families. And people want to reflect on memories of moms no longer w us as well. Thanks for the reminder :) beautiful spread!

    ReplyDelete