Monday, March 25, 2013

Space Saver Squeals

I have never been one to squeal over much of anything, but over the weekend, my mother thought I was having a heart-attack, as we perused the first aisle of a thrift store. 

I don't often find much at this particular store -- a plate every now and again. They have a special 'antique' section where they jack up the price of items, sometimes even pricier than the actual antique store next door. (There is a set of Friendship bowls that I'm currently coveting for $65...)

I did however find my 501 Butterfly Gold fridge dish there several months ago... so I continue to check back every now and again, just in case


Sometimes, like on the day I found the fridge dish, I hit the jackpot.


Lo and behold, a green wheat space saver (sans cradle) for $8.50. 

I was lamenting my mistake in passing up a white snowflake on charcoal space saver a while back -- it had been in a showcase for over a month and when I finally decided I liked it enough to get it, it was gone. I think it was meant to be, though, since I found this one instead, even cheaper. 



The color really is gorgeous -- it's hard to see how brilliant it is in the photos. It has a few very tiny scratches on it... and one miniscule chip on the inside of the lid. It also had some black gunk caked on the sides... but a little Bar Keeper's Friend and this piece looks nearly new. 

What did you all find this weekend? 

Brenda

9 comments:

  1. What a beauty! It looks amazing.
    I found a yellow 403 and an oval double candle cradle this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to know other people are also out looking for Pyrex at the same time as me :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun find and at a thrift - a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what a great find! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really neatt- never seen that one before! Space savers are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I have a white milk glass type one that was my Mom's and the holder...every holiday it held the sweet potatoes..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! My favorite finds are the ones that you stumble on in the thrifts, and never thought you would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful piece! I have never seen it before, and I love the color so much.

    ReplyDelete