Sunday, March 16, 2014

Plenty of Finds Last Week!

I can't believe how much Pyrex was out there this week and I certainly picked up my share!  I'm not the only one buying it--everything I saw on one day was gone the next!  Apparently I missed a day that had "a lot of different colored bowls" the cashier told me.  Ouch!  That was hard to hear!  Well, here is what I did score.

I found these all on one day.  I do have the Cinderella bowls, but I got these to trade or sell.  I really wanted the butter dish and I finally got one!  I'm actively looking for opal white Pyrex now, I found this unmarked 401.  I washed and put this away and then two days later I got the following:

This was all from one store on the same day.  I was there the day before and it must have been put out later that day or the next morning.  The primaries I got for the lids, the paint on them isn't in very good shape.  Lids are hard to come by so I have to get them when I can.  The Butterprint completes a second fridgie set.  I collect Verdé with the berries/olives except I don't care for the handled/spouted bowls, so I don't pick them up.  I have the 475 casserole with a clear lid, I had to buy this one as it has the opal lid and the casserole dish is minty.  The Verdé 473 I have, but this one, again, very minty.  I got the opal lid a couple days later--forgot to photograph it.  And the most exciting find is the Verdé 501 fridgie!  I have the 503 and 502. I have seen the 501s in vintage/antique shops for $9 and $10 and I refuse to pay that much for one fridgie.  Patience pays off!

Four more days of thrifting and a couple of sales and I got my second Verdé 501 fridgie.  Another fridgie set completed.  I was thrilled.  I got the first piece of this fridgie set, the 502, in summer of 2012!  I am happy to get the Spices promotional and it was a steal, I'll pair this up with my Sandalwood pieces and opal whites.  Last stop at the thrifts today hubby was digging in a cart yet to be unloaded and spied this black gooseberry 442!  He was pretty proud of himself. I'm up to two 443s and one 442.

I went to some antique shops out of town today.  There was a lot of Pyrex.  The first place I went  it was really over priced.  There were a few nice things, a pink Daisy 945 for $38!  Nope, can't touch that.  We went to another place that has changed and is really nice now with multiple vendors and there was a lot of nice Pyrex that was still priced high, but not as crazy as other places.  I walked away with a couple pieces that I wanted most and was able to get them at a lower than asking price.


I have been sitting on the 043 Horizon Blue lid for about 6 months and today I found a bottom for it.  I shouldn't have, but I also took this golden scroll open baker promotional for $12. Paint is great on both of these and the gold scroll is in very nice condition.  I have enough Horizon Blue pieces now that I can do a display on my peninsula--yay!

There was a lot of Autumn Harvest and Old Orchard as well.  I would have picked up fridgies in those, but there were none to be found.  I won't be going as much next week, so perhaps this week is making up for it! Hope other Pyrexers have good luck and post next week!!  I will need to get my fix vicariously!!!

I posted some of my other vintage finds on my blog here if you'd like to see!

(Hopelessly addicted),

Evie

7 comments:

  1. I feel like a broken record-but once again-GREAT finds!! You couldn't pass up on a promotional, isn't that against a the Pyrex Lover's Code? That is wonderful you found the butter dish, and everything looks to be in such good shape. Well, besides the fridgies, but you need those lids ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen, I would have loved to have found that promotional cheaper at a thrift, but sometimes it feels like the thing to do. Would hate to say to myself later "I should have got it". We'll see if I ever run into it again! A lot of times the fridgies have no lids, probably most of the time for me--I was so glad to get so many at once!
      Evie

      Delete
  2. Holy haul! Considering you were going to slow down I would say you have accelerated!

    I've left a bit behind the last week or so hoping for Pyrex Karma. But I agree, no fridgie left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's madness! I can't believe how much Pyrex I got again. Can't help but wonder what I might find this week as I've been getting some different things/patterns lately.
      Evie

      Delete
  3. My comment, as always, is just: WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally surprised myself Margaret Ann. I've browsed the images on my computer in my Pyrex folder and I'm pretty shocked at how much I've picked up in the last 6 months!!! My hubby is just as hooked on Pyrex hunting as me!
      Evie

      Delete
  4. evie, would you be interested in a trade? the snowflake garland 401 would complete a set for me. i have two opal 402s if you wanted one....contact me thru the first pyrex collective blog :)

    ReplyDelete