Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pink, Space Saver, Stripes! What a Great Week!

I am rushing to post today, we spent a lot of time thrifting today and I have plans to do some spring cleaning tomorrow, so I need to get my post done tonight!

Well, it was a great week for sure!  I had a lot of exciting moments, it was a lot of fun!  Here's what I got!

I don't know where to start.  As you can imagine, pink anything is always cause for cheer.  I first found the Pink Flamingo 024, which was great, but the next day it was the Pink Stripes.  I just couldn't believe my luck.  I wondered if I'd ever find any Stripes and then a few days later I found the tan!  Different store, different chain.  I've been thinking about getting some opal white to supplement things like Sandalwood when I put it out for display, but it wasn't until hubby questioned why I wasn't buying the white 024 (he said "white is a color too" I worked in a lab for 20 years where there was a debate over "white" and "colorless")  that I decided to actively look for white.  Makes me annoyed I didn't get that loaf pan that was sitting for ages.

I figured Friday was my last thrifting day and at my last stop I found this minty 502 for my Town and Country fridgie set.  I was speechless.  I was high.  It just seemed too incredible.  I have two sets and missing the 502 for both.  I was sooooo thrilled.   What a way to end a week! I felt like such a lucky girl!!  But as my lime utility pan was soaking in the sink on Saturday morning, my friend called and said she found something for me for $2.  (I love having lookouts!)

  
Yep!  Black Snowflake Space Saver with lid.  It was almost too much!  I'm still so shocked I don't know what else to say except that I am a lucky lucky girl!  I also found some fun vintage stuff that I just posted to my blog if you wanna see here!  Seems like the thrifts may be warming up a bit!

On to supper!

(Hopelessly addicted),
Evie

6 comments:

  1. Evie you are doing great! I love all of it and that space saver is a dream. I haven't found anything in ages, hence my lack of posting. Headed to your blog to see what else you got :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Lisa, I still feel like I'm dreaming over that space saver!!!!
      Evie

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful haul! Isn't that just the way with the stripes? How awesome!

    The Black Snowflake looks like it is in incredible shape-for $2!! What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Maureen, the space saver does show some wear close up, but it really does display nicely!
      Evie

      Delete
  3. Color me jealous…so many great things! You have been on a roll lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pinching myself! I was totally prepared to find nothing last week. It was all such a surprise!
      Evie

      Delete