Sunday, March 23, 2014

Another Great Week of Thrift Store Finds!

Good gosh!  It was another great week of Pyrex thrift store finds.  I left stores literally astounded.  Every week I hope to find a few pieces I can use in my collection, but once again I far exceeded anything I could have hoped for.  The space saver lid and 023 casserole cradle were a great treat too!  I already have the Daisy 442 and 444, and mine aren't bad, but these are SUPER MINTY and they were a steal--I couldn't believe it.  And I didn't NEED the Butterprint 443, but it's a beauty and I couldn't leave it behind!  I forgot to photograph the opal 232 baking pan that I also got.

 

 
I got the Homestead 401 for my "one 401 in every pattern" collection and an opal white 023 for which I already have a lid. I found a much needed Horizon Blue 502 fridgie.  It took some convincing though.  I bought one along with a 503 with Xmas money a couple months ago to find out it was a primary.  These colors can look so similar. Even with the Horizon Blue divided dish I also found, comparing the two still left some question. My 501 Horizon Blue fridgies are also a slightly different color.

 
I had to photograph and enhance the color to bring out the color differences. (It just wasn't so obvious with the naked eye).  Now I am convinced! Thank goodness because I was going to look at that thing suspiciously forever!  I just can't believe my luck, Horizon Blue has been hard for me to find and I managed to get two pieces at once. 

I've also been Easter vintage crafting and changing up my Pyrex displays if you wanna check 'em out on my blog! vintage style diorama Easter eggs, pixie Easter eggs and my newest Pyrex displays.

(Hopelessly addicted),

Evie

7 comments:

  1. Another amazing week! Another SS lid! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a week like that, I don't expect to find much the next, but I'm constantly surprised.

      I've found 3 SS lids in the past 4 months, wish I would find the casseroles for them! No such luck!
      Evie

      Delete
  2. Great finds! You can see the shine on the Daisy-they are very minty! I have my Daisy 444 on the living room table, it is filled with oranges. I love it because it is so bright and cheerful.

    "Thank goodness because I was going to look at that thing suspiciously forever!"

    This made me laugh-I think we can all sympathize with this feeling! So glad it turned out to be what you had hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard not putting the Daisy out on the peninsula--but I just had to give my Horizon Blue it's moment! Yeah, the poor Horizon Blue 502 was getting the side eye until I accepted it!
      Evie

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh Evie! What a haul…I know you were super excited to find all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lisa, I was shocked so many times. I still can't believe all the stuff I got that I didn't have and wanted!
      Evie

      Delete