Thursday, September 20, 2012

Finally, a pink casserole!

Hi all, SusieQT here from Practice in Time!

I can't believe, after however many years of collecting Pyrex and never finding any pink, that I have found two pieces in two weeks.

You may recall my previous post here about finding a pink fridgie, and now I have a Flamingo casserole to go with it!


Last Saturday, our town had its community-wide yard sale (love those!). At the first place I stopped at, I spied this beauty in mint condition. For $1. You can bet that I carried it around with me the rest of the day!

I love these casseroles (is there a 'correct' name for them? I'm drawing a blank...) They are a perfect size for many recipes. I have a clear one that I use just about all the time (and the beauty of that one is that it can go in the dishwasher :). I've been on the lookout for another in any color or pattern, but never even let myself think I might find a pink one. I'm thrilled!


I also found this Old Town covered margarine dish the other day at a thrift store for $1. I don't collect this pattern, but my grandmother had the matching Corelle dishes, so it has some sentimental attachment. I found a use for it right away; while we don't use margarine in our house, I do use a lot of cream cheese in a brick. It's a perfect size to keep that partial brick of cream cheese once the wrapper is opened. Much classier than a zip-top bag, right?

4 comments:

  1. I love both your finds. That pink is gorgeous and I wouldn't mind finding a margarine bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two pink casseroles. I agree, it is a lovely size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces and amazing prices. Congrats on your great finds.

    ReplyDelete