Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pyrex Karma

Hi PC3, SusieQT here from Practice in Time.

Now that the kiddos are back in school, mom gets to do a little shopping once in a while. And for some reason, the thrifting right now is great! After a few months of the doldrums, I have been finding goodies by the armful whenever I go out. I'm ashamed to admit it, but my basement is starting to look like a hoarder's. Must...get...listing...aargh...

I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I guess I have the magic touch or good karma or whatever right now. Check out my Pyrex haul from just the last week:



Yes, you're seeing all that Friendship correctly! I went to two different stores on Saturday (not usually the best day to thrift, either) and all I found was Friendship everywhere! The divided dish ($5), as well as the Snowflake Garland lid came from one Goodwill. Then I went down the road to another thrift and found all the 470 casseroles. The 471 (without lid) was $2.50, and the 472 and 473 with opal lids were $3.50 each. I thought I was going to pass out trying to get all those in my cart! I now have quite the collection of Friendship, all this plus the 444, 443 and 442 Cinderella bowls, and it was all thrifted. Which is great because I can't afford to buy it online, LOL.

Last week I went to a thrift store I haven't been to in a long time (why, I don't really know, because it is a great store) and bought the woodland 043 and Spring Blossom 473 for just a few bucks each. They are not my favorites, but are near mint, so I will be putting them in my booth.

Then last night I was on my way to work and had to stop in to a little thrift on the way- Bingo! The lime 232 was there waiting for me for $4.50. I am really loving the lime and flamingo bakewear right now. I will have to do some re-arranging of my shelves to display it better. But not today; I've got Mr. Limey in the oven baking up a peach cobbler right now!

And finally today, I just got a good Pyrex vibe after I dropped my daughter off at school and had to run into my closest local thrift. I found the Butterprint 503 with lid for $3.50 and the Golden Tulip for $3.99, as well as the Flamewear saucepan for $5. That's about as much Pyrex as I've ever gotten at this store in one shot, so my spidey sense was definitely working!


1 comment: