Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lucky in Love on eBay

Has anyone searching on eBay come across a this yet?! You could be one of two people who own this crazy rare piece of Pyrex. 

Do you think there's more out there... or just the alleged two pieces? 

There's another six days to place your bid, if you're interested! Totally out of my budget... and I'd be terrified to own such a rare thing. Can you imagine?! I just about burst into tears when I broke my first piece of Pyrex a few months ago (a cereal bowl, if you must know. You can view the carnage here.)

Good luck to anyone bidding. Just forget about being lucky in love... you need to be extra lucky to win this auction! 

I'm so intrigued to see what this thing will go for. Any guesses what the final bid will be? Anything can happen in the next few days!

Brenda

 

12 comments:

  1. My guess $987.

    It is pretty but not that kind of price pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it's not something I'd pay very much for at all. You may have to up your estimate. I saw it's near $900 now. Good grief!

      Delete
  2. WOW that is unbelievable, you would have to be deeply in love with the piece to pay that pretty price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I think they're going for the 'rare' factor more than the love...

      Delete
  3. I saw someone post it on facebook. I am so not into that piece and wouldn't pay more than 10 dollars even if it was rare. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you... it's cute, but I personally prefer a lot of other promos over this one.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, it just seems so weird. Kind of like that cloud star space saver. I wonder if they were test pieces, to see if a particular color would stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be -- I can't imagine that they ONLY made a few pieces just so they could be rare later on. (Either that or someone is hoarding a whole bunch of these in their basement - HA!)

      Delete
  5. I love Pyrex but not that much!! That is a crazy price I would never pay that much for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Imagine how much other Pyrex you could buy with that money ;)

      Delete
  6. $1000 and still 5 days left to bid. Holy crow! It's going, going, going...

    ReplyDelete