Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mind-Boggling Bid

If you've been following the Luck in Love bid on eBay (mentioned here) you'll have noticed the price steadily increased as the week went on. Here is the final bid. 

NO WAY. 

Imagine all of the Pyrex you could buy for that price?!
 You could buy a plane ticket to the UK to hunt for JAJ Pyrex and STILL have money leftover. 

Clearly, someone wanted that piece. Not me. Instead, yesterday, I found this Golden Acorn divided dish for a mere $4 at an antique store. Somehow, I feel like the lucky one.


Happy days, just in time for Fall.

And, if you missed it, Fresh Pastry Stand ran a Facebook competition a while back for a new tea towel design. I loved seeing all of the entries! I didn't win, but you can view a few of my own Pyrex eye-candy entries here.

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! That is INSANE. I would never pay that price for a piece of Pyrex and I was speaking with husband about this bid and I said isn't it funny they are spending all this money to buy this rare piece of Pyrex and all it's gonna do is sit and collect dust!! Anyway love your divided dish. I have that one in the space saver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I about fell off my chair. I guess to each their own! Yes, I love the Golden Acorn -- the divided dishes are growing on me. I think this one put me over the edge, finally ;)

      Delete
  2. Didn't they buy it for like $600? or is that just internet lore? lol. Didn't the last one on eBay sell for less than $700?

    Anyways, it'll make somebody happy. I wonder if it'll appear on a blog? I wonder if another one will appear one day?

    & well, we don't know who bought it really, yet & may never know. This person could just like to buy up rare things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure... I heard there were only two or three around but then you never know who has one sitting in their basement, right?! And very true on the rare bit - I've seen stranger things being bid on for crazy prices at auction!

      Delete
  3. For that amount of money, I could take a nice trip! I guess if money is no object, you absolutely love that piece-more power to them. I like to use my pyrex, and couldn't imagine baking in a dish that cost that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Imagine if that was the Pyrex dish you accidentally dropped?!

      Delete