Sunday, September 22, 2013

Coming out about my Pyrex addiction!

Thanks for including me Erin!  I am hopelessly in love with Pyrex.  How much so?  Well you be the judge.  Here are a few pictures of my hoard.  I started off buying a little for myself, giving some away and reselling the rest, but something happened and I decided I wanted it all for me!  With the exception of pink pans and one 4 QT Cinderella to complete my set, these are all thrift store finds from the past few years.  I usually go to the thrifts once a week.


This was my current display as of yesterday.  I love to look at and use my Pyrex as much as possible.

My pink stuff so far, also always handy in the kitchen.  There is a Horizon Blue Cinderella bowl set there--that is what started this whole mess!


Assorted Pyrex pie and cake pans along with some Fire King that I fell in love with in my kitchen drawer. I also have a bunch of those little Glasbake cups that come in so handy.

My out of the way space I use for collecting and rotating my stuff.  Hubby and me have been going every day for about a week as he has off.  Here's what we found :

My hubby is great, he totally understands.  I also love other vintage stuff  especially pottery.  Franciscan, Vernonware and Grant Crest Tempo by Salem China are also things I hunt for.  I post some of that stuff on my blog as well.

Evie




13 comments:

  1. Lovely collection! Good to know I'm not the only one who can't pass up those little Fire King cups and other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Lisa, there are plenty of Fire King cups in my kitchen along with some Swiss Chalet and Summerfields bakeware. Who can pass that up!

      Delete
  2. Love your collection! I haven't been thrift shopping in awhile because I have no more room for Pyrex! I also have a whole lot and now have a limited list that I still want to find! I love the vintage pieces and Agree with you about loving other vintage things my house is filled with other vintage goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection.

    You're very lucky to have a hubbie who will take you out every day that he has off, my boo complains when I ask him to take me out once every month, month & a half (probably month & a half)... & gets pissy when I ask him to stop if we're going near a store! I can't drive because of a medical reason & I feel bad asking because I know he doesn't really like it, but I can't take myself there, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and I both share the love of treasure hunting--we used to go to look for semi-precious gemstones all day in the cold wet weather. I'm not that tough anymore ha-ha!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome collection, Evie! I collect mostly turquoise & pink so the pieces you have are definitely my favorites.

    :-) Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Collection ..... If your ever in Maine You need to check out my friends ... Evie's Eclectic Collection , She has some great Pyrex and Evie was the name of the lady who once owned the house.
    https://www.facebook.com/Evieseclectic

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely collection! Even your storage rack looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I do love looking at it too! :0)

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful collection!! You are lucky your husband enjoys collecting as much as you do-my husband is more of the "why do you need another bowl?" persuasion :) I always love to hear that people are using their pyrex, I don't know why but it gives me a warm feeling inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee-Hee! Maureen, sometimes my husband talks me into them! I got the Zodiac bowl recently, because he wanted it--he said "now that is one I really like!" Oh yes, love love love to use my Pryrex. Now that I'm not working I cook 2 to 3 times a day and Pyrex is always involved!

      Delete