Monday, September 16, 2013

Thrifting in Toronto

I was visiting family in Toronto a few weeks back and asked my Aunt and Uncle if there was a thrift shop / GoodWill I could take a look around in. They took me over to a shop called Value Village ( we don't have these in Maine ) , it reminded me of a small GoodWill. I was very excited when I found a few Pyrex pieces , the few bowls they had were duplicates of ones I already have but I did find 2 pieces that I was excited about. 

One was a Pyrex measuring cup , I had never seen this one before... love that it has french wording on it. But When I got back to their house I went on line to see what I could find out about it. I've only found 1 picture on line from and Etsy shop and the item has been sold so I have no other info. I'm hoping some of my fellow Pyrex collectors will be able to give me some info, maybe a date and if this was an item that was sold in the stores or maybe promotional. 


I also found a great little bowl, one of my new loves , Acropal also referred to as "French Pyrex". I've been finding a few nice bowls here and there and I think they are soo pretty. 


















So with a few fun finds and now my concern was getting these home in my luggage without finding everything broken when I unpack at home. Well I did good... wrapped everything and both pieces were intact when I got home. 

Now I'm looking forward to my next visit to Toronto and hoping to visit a few more shops and see what other little treasures I can find. 

Happy Hunting








4 comments:

  1. I've never seen French Pyrex before. So pretty!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Value Village a small Goodwill? I'd like to visit your Goodwill... & glad you didn't visit our Goodwill here in Toronto, they are 1/4 the size of Value Village stores (or smaller...).

    I do see Acropal from time to time, not to fond of it. Have passed on a few fridgies. Next time call on me & I'll take you thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that measuring cup! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it too... I'm trying to find some info on it, I haven't seen any like it online.

      Delete