Monday, October 14, 2013

My Finds for Last Week - I'm in Heaven!!!

Well, the week before wasn't too eventful in that I only found one piece, but it is a great piece so I'm not complaining.  This week was so exciting I walked around on clouds for days!  Here's my haul from the thrift stores!


A few of the things that made my heart skip a beat...Hot Air Balloons 441, Mod Kitchen 043 and Friendship fridgie.  I got my very first 024 with a lid and Shenandoah 401, not a pattern I plan on collecting but for 89 cents I couldn't pass it up.  I apparently have too much Pyrex because I wasn't sure if I needed another Verdé casserole, still not sure as I have to check a reference.  I've been wanting to find promotionals and my wish came true. I sold my Bake,Serve & Store BG a couple years ago, so I went ahead and picked up another set. 

Prices were reasonable and condition great on everything except the Snowflake Garland lid but hubby encouraged me to get it. The best deal was the Hot Air Balloon 471 for 99 cents!  I got it for 89 cents with hubby discount.  Most expensive (for what it is and usually runs) was the Friendship fridgie at $1.80, but no way I was going to not buy it!

I'm still giddy!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Just Wow! I am so jealous of the Balloons and Mod Kitchen pieces. Especially at those prices! I can hardly find ANY thrift shops selling Pyrex for less than $5 a piece and some of those are in pretty bad shape. California thrift shops are on to the collectors and really making the hunt less fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been hunting VERY aggressively. Also going over to the next town. It's been a lot of work and I was beginning to feel like I wasn't going to find much--ruined pieces or the less popular patterns/pieces get old after a while. For whatever reason, prices seemed to be lower than usual. 401s and 441s are usually no less than 1.99 at one chain, but this week these were 99 cents(?). I was very surprised. Who knows, I might have a long dry spell again for a while. Oh and, I did note things like a yellow 503 fridge bottom DWD for 6.99 and DWD 043 bottom for Verdé for 5.99! That was totally inconsistent at their other store where the Mod Kitchen was $3.99 ($3.50 for me).

      Delete
  2. My oh my! I would say you had a great week, especially to find all of that in thrift stores! I would be giddy also and ready to hit the road again looking for more!

    Ranae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent score with the Balloons bowl! The 441 is the hardest of the two sizes to find. It also seems to fetch the most money. I think you did amazing with your 89 cent price tag:-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm.... WOW!!!! You did great and I love all of it!!! I might have to go a couple towns over, too. I haven't found anything in weeks but I am enjoying everyone's finds. It gives me hope:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOO jealous of the balloon piece and mod kitchen. Those are on my most wanted list. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquelyn! I'm still pinching myself!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is an incredible score! I'm in CA and I can't seem to find pyrex for less than 5 dollars either. I am new to pyrex - what is the difference between an antique shop, thrift shop, and the goodwill? I hit the GW often, but still prices are usually 5 and up. Antique shops are far too overpriced for me. What would you consider a thrift? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go to charity based stores, like Goodwill, Salvation Army etc. We go to 10 to 11 of them in our town and the neighboring town about 3 times a week lately. Fortunately, 2 of the best ones are about 5 minutes from our house, so sometimes will pop in quickly a second time to see if they stocked anything new.

      Pricing varies even within stores. Some stores have those additional discounts like GW has the weekly color codes. Coupons and other discounts (my hubby always get 10%) help bring the price down too. Every little bit helps when you are hooked like me :o\ I don't go to antique shops and rarely buy anything from ebay.

      Delete